Friday, August 6, 2010

DDC2

The most common version, called DDC2B, is based on I²C, a serial bus. Pin 12, ID1 is now used as the data pin from the I²C bus, and the formerly-unused pin 15 became the I²C clock; pin 9, previously used as a mechanical key, supplied +5V DC power up to 50mA to drive the EEPROM, this allows the host to read the EDID even if the monitor is powered off. Though I²C is fully bidirectional and supports multiple bus-masters, DDC2B is unidirectional and allows only one bus master - the graphics adapter. And the monitor acts as the slave device at I²C address A1h (7-bit I²C address 50h, read-only, so A1h) providing the 128 bytes to 256 bytes EDID.
DDC2Ab is an implementation of the I²C-based 100 kbit/s
ACCESS.bus interface, which allowed monitor manufacturers to support external ACCESS.bus peripherals such as a mouse or keyboard with little to no additional effort; such devices and monitors were briefly available in the mid 1990s, but disappeared with the introduction of USB.
DDC2B+ and DDC2Bi are scaled-down versions of DDC2Ab which only support monitor and graphics card devices but still allow bidirectional communication between them.
Both
DVI and HDMI connectors feature dedicated DDC2B wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment